Monday 10 January 2011

Handmade Keep sake album

For my installation project, I intend to visually represent individual life stories (gathered from a variety of biography style media, e.g. magazines) as a collection of objects. (In a similar way to how historical items in Auswich Museum are displayed-each, holding their own story.) This will be done using symbolism from within the stories and a variety of existing and handmade objects-e.g. photo albums.
Inspiration behind the use of existing objects within my installation came from artists Tracy Emin, Marcel Duchamp, Joseph Cornell and Claes Oldenburg.  
My installation work also holds connections with zeitgeist artists such as Alexandria Sell, Florence Lazar and Walid Raad, (whose work is currently exhibited in the White Cube.) These artists' works are relevant to my current project, as many are based on documenting history/fictional history.
This is my hand made keep sake album which accompanies a cot death story within my installation project. I photographed family friends and their children over a period of a few months, and also used existing baby photographs to use within the album. I additionally used objects such as mittens, a dummy a lock of hair etc, to display within the keep sake album. These are images of just a few of the pages within the album.

No comments:

Post a Comment